the delphic expanse

Archer and Sato

By popular demand, discuss the captain and his communications officer here. MU? RU? It's all good.

Re: Archer and Sato

Postby Artisticmom2 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:17 am

Honeybee wrote:I thought I'd post a link to my RU Archer/MU Hoshi crossover story Carnival, because it is my first real shot at Archer/Sato and might just cry out for a sequel. It's NC-17 and also contains TnT. :twisted:

I second that! All in favor of Honeybee writing a sequel to her fabu story, say "I"!!!
(no pressure here :lol: )
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Misplaced » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:40 pm

I, oh I!!!

:mrgreen:
Misplaced

Postby Honeybee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:07 pm

:mrgreen: So many possibilites.

But I have an idea or two. :)

Aquarius commented last night that I appear to have embraced this whole Archer/Sato thing. I said, yeah, yeah I have. :cheering
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Misplaced » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:08 pm

:cheering Welcome to the A/S side. We're fluent in all kinds of love. :twisted:
Misplaced

Postby paulinem » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Adding my voice to the 'I'!!! :cheering

Enterprise S5 Website
The continuing adventures of a show that ended too soon...
paulinem
Captain

Postby tish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:18 am

I want to read chapter2 as well! Wonder if we will revisit MU Trip and Archer and T"Pol to see how they absorb this new aspect of their own realities?!! Most definitely want to be a fly on the wall at that breakfast with Jon and Hoshi!
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby Artisticmom2 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 am

Honeybee wrote:
Aquarius commented last night that I appear to have embraced this whole Archer/Sato thing. I said, yeah, yeah I have. :cheering

HAH! Another convert! :cheering
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby creek_chub » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 pm

It saddens me a little to see this forum doesn't get as much attention as some others so I'm gonna throw a question out here to (hopefully) spur some discussion.

I've seen fanfiction where A/S have some kind of romantic involvement during their mission and other pieces where A/S explore their feelings for each other after their mission. Some authors even seem to pen both types of stories. So my question is, what's your absolute, definitive head-canon regarding A/S? Do they form a relationship on Enterprise? Afterwards? Never? Is your answer influenced in any way by the bios shown on IAMD? What about influence from TATV?

I think I'm still in the process of trying to form my own head-canon on this subject, so I'm interested to see how everyone else answers.
creek_chub
Lieutenant

Postby Honeybee » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

When the forum first opened, we didn't even have a sub-forum for Archer/Sato. So, this one is one of the newer additions to the site. I actually have to say that the ship has been growing. We've got quite a few stories in the archive, and Artisticmom's great history fic in progress.

I think some of the early stories with them remain really popular, too. I'm hoping we'll get more and more archived.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Brandyjane » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:58 am

creek_chub wrote: I've seen fanfiction where A/S have some kind of romantic involvement during their mission and other pieces where A/S explore their feelings for each other after their mission. Some authors even seem to pen both types of stories. So my question is, what's your absolute, definitive head-canon regarding A/S? Do they form a relationship on Enterprise? Afterwards? Never? Is your answer influenced in any way by the bios shown on IAMD? What about influence from TATV?

Good question! Based on their behavior in the first two episodes, I've always thought that they had interacted on a friendly, personal level before the events in "Broken Bow." When they're in Brazil, Hoshi does not behave toward him as I would expect a junior officer to behave toward her future captain. She's a little too easy with him, almost flirty. Then in "Fight or Flight," when she asks him for permission to change her quarters, I thought her behavior was a little odd. It's almost as if she's expecting something more from him. In fact, Jon even asks her if there's anything else, and she awkwardly says no and leaves. My impression has always been that she expected more than a perfunctory "yes" to her request and was a little surprised that he seemed to have put some distance between them. Jon was treating her like he would treat any other member of the crew instead of treating her like a friend. (Well, any member who wasn't his BFF Trip.)

My theory is that they had the opportunity to get to know each other on a social level before the launch, had come to be friends, but that nothing romantic or sexual had happened. Hoshi became a little infatuated with Jon, but Jon was still hung up on Erika and, while he noticed that Hoshi was sweet, smart, beautiful, etc., he didn't consciously view her as a romantic prospect (yet). After it becomes clear aboard Enterprise that she is just another member of the crew to him, Hoshi tries and mostly succeeds in letting go of the fantasy.

As the years pass, they truly become friends. Then, in the Expanse, Archer finally realizes that Hoshi has come to mean a whole lot more to him. I've only seen season 3 one time, so I'm a bit fuzzy on episode titles, but he's really protective of her in several of the episodes, and there's a real intensity in how he behaves toward her.

After they make it out of the Expanse, he decides that since life is going to go on after all, he can't act on any feelings he has for Hoshi. It just wouldn't be appropriate. Then Erika shows up just when he's the most vulnerable. (I don't mean that in a bad way toward Erika.) She's closer to his age, the same rank, and he knows they're good together. He thinks she's the logical choice - except for on thing: she's serving on a different ship, she's just as driven as he is, and neither of them is ready to give up their career, even for love. And Hoshi has one big advantage: She's there.

I think they finally get together after "Demons/Terra Prime." ("TATV" doesn't count - not one bit.) I also think that Hoshi would have to be the one to make the first move, because Jon would not want to act improperly toward a junior officer. I can see her thinking something like, "Hey, if Trip and T'Pol - an interspecies couple - can give it a try, why can't we?" To get around fraternization rules, I think Hoshi would officially resign from Starfleet but stay aboard as a civilian diplomat since she is good with people and can communicate with many species without a UT. This way she gets the best of everything: she has a rewarding career that she loves and she gets to stay with and eventually marry Jon without causing a scandal or breaking any rules. Eventually they settle down on Earth and have some beautiful babies when Jon is asked to give up his ship and become president of the Federation. On a regular basis they get together with their favorite couples, Trip and T'Pol, and Malcolm and Amanda.
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Archer and Sato (Het)