the delphic expanse

Where are ...?

Report archive bugs and make suggestions here. Information about who is on shift for fic posting is also found here.

Where are ...?

Postby jespah » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:26 am

It's entirely possible that I've just missed these.

But I have been hunting through the Archive and the Forums, and I am searching for whatever your challenge winners/staff picks are for 2012.

So far, the only one I have found (and this was through a great deal of digging) was HoneyBee's February 2012 winner, Seeing Angels
http://www.thedelphicexpanse.com/archiv ... hp?sid=388

Is there a list somewhere? A series that contains them? Some way to search under ribbon/2012 (I am not just looking for items updated in the last 30 days).

This is for a blog post about the best ff of the year (not just from TDE) and I'm sure you've got more than one story that could be showcased and linked to.

Many thanks!!
jespah
Commander

Re: Where are ...?

Postby Honeybee » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 pm

We aren't doing awards this year (yet), but what we are doing is staff picks for the front page. But we've only done two and they aren't limited to 2012.

We could certainly have our staff make some recent choices for you! We'd be happy to.

We generally don't give out "winners" for challenges, we just put series together with the entries and let the viewers decide. But if you go through the challenge series, you'll see entries with 2012 labels and their reviews.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm

So, I've asked our staffers to come into this thread and post their favorite five stories of 2012 (starting actually with the Christmas Challenge of 2011).

The rules are they can pick five, including on of their own:

I pick:

Christmas on Andoria by Mistress Euclid
Prisoners of Hope by Kathy Rose
Questionably Yours by Aquarius
What Lies within Lies Between by Paulinem
Seeing Angels by Honeybee
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby jespah » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Terrific - that's what I'm looking for. I will likely not grab more than a total of about a dozen for this particular post, but I am also writing about Adult Trek so some might end up being put over there. Then there's also the Anthology.

I'm a busy puppy. This is extremely helpful. Thank you in a thousand different languages.
jespah
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:10 pm

I couldn't quite weed this down to five, so here's my top six for 2012 (so far):

The Last Request by Weerd1
T'Pol of Vulcan by panyasan
After Rain by Mr Smith
Judgement: Retrieval by tishkajaku
Shockwaves by Honeybee [R]
Answer In The Sky by Glory1863

In December I could probably give you a top ten. :)
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby jespah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 pm

This is good; I'm able to get a jump on things this way. Many thanks.

More - keep 'em comin'! :)
jespah
Commander

Postby Aquarius » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 pm

The Voice of Experience by Weerd1

What Lies Within Lies Between by paulinem

Sorrow, Shared by Honeybee

Three Months on Vulcan by Misplaced

Christmas on Andoria by Mistress Euclid

For my final pick... this falls outside the time window, but I've made an executive decision to pick it any way because I want it to have some much-deserved recognition:

Trip and the Terrific TARDIS by Lady Rainbow
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Mistress Euclid » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:21 pm

So hard to choose, but I'll pick:

Sorrow, Shared by Honeybee
What Lies Within Lies Beneath by PaulineM
After Rain by Mr Smith
From the Depths by Section69
Afternoon Delight by Aquarius
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby jespah » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Ah, thanks to everyone.

Some will go into the blog post on fan fiction (that post is going to cover ratings G - PG-13). Some will go into the blog post on adult trek (PG-13 and up).

For the Anthology, there will be a submittal process (still finalizing that), but these are definitely helpful just the same.

I am also looking for accompanying artwork for all three areas. The cover for the Anthology will probably be a manip and will likely not just cover ENT. A lot of that is dependent upon what ends up being chosen so it's premature to think about that right now. Internal art to go with Anthology stories, or a little incidental stuff to add to blog posts and dress them up is always appreciated. Blog post art cannot be NSFW, even for the adult trek post.

Oh and right now this is a draft blurb for the blog, just so you can see the kind of thing that will be written -

For a certain pair of hybrids, home must be given up so that they can be as one. Honeybee's Seeing Angels brings ENT into a new generation with intrigue and romance. This story was chosen as a 2012 favorite by TPTB at The Delphic Expanse.

Of course if any of that's a misstatement, please let me know.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thank you all again. Your cooperation is an enormous help.
jespah
Commander

Postby Honeybee » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:13 pm

No, that's fine Jespah! Thanks for drawing attention to our authors - including myself. I really appreciate it! I think we all do.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Archive Issues