the delphic expanse

Can't connect to (database) archive

Report archive bugs and make suggestions here. Information about who is on shift for fic posting is also found here.

Can't connect to (database) archive

Postby panyasan » Sat May 12, 2012 4:58 am

Hi, I don't know if its got something to do with the new update, but I can't reach the archive.

This morning (May 12th) I used both Firefox and Internet Explorer when I tried to go the Archive by using the the links in the New Fanfic Up-thread (other links that go to other sites still worked on that thread), but I got a warning that the system failled to connect to the database.

I also went straight to the archive by clicking on the Archive at the home page (http://www.thedelphicexpanse.com), using Firefox en Internet Explorer.

Everytime I got this warning:

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
ERROR: Failed to connect to the database!

Then I removed all of my history in Firefox and Internet Explorer and tried again to go straight to the archive, but I still got the warning.

Let me know if this is enough information.
panyasan
Commander

Re: Can't connect to (database) archive

Postby Honeybee » Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 am

I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure what is going on but I'm looking into it.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Sat May 12, 2012 7:32 am

All fixed! Sorry about that. There was some work done on the site last night and it inadvertently caused the archive to go down.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby panyasan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks for fixing it! :hugs
panyasan
Commander

Postby Aquarius » Sat May 12, 2012 8:18 am

FYI folks, when I accidentally knocked the site down last night, I posted about it to our Twitter account to let everyone know (@delphicexpanse). You can usually find information there about issues. Even if you don't want to join twitter, you can bookmark the page for our account and just peek in on it. Honeybee and I usually post there if there's trouble we're aware of. 8-)
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Thank you panyasan! That's exactly the kind of information that's helpful to figure out what went wrong. :) :geek:
EntAllat
Site Admin

Return to Archive Issues