the delphic expanse

Introducing a New Skin: Expanse Plus

Report archive bugs and make suggestions here. Information about who is on shift for fic posting is also found here.

Re: Introducing a New Skin: Expanse Plus

Postby EntAllat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:43 pm

I can resize the banner for you if you want. :) Let me know.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby mareel » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I like the new features - poll and featured stories! I agree that the white in the new skin is a little bright for me, especially since I'm on at night a lot and the room is dark. I did need to zoom the browser because the text was a bit small for my old eyes ;) but that's doable. I use a desktop imac and there seems to be quite a bit of extra white space in the header area between the left side search function boxes and the right-justified banner. Don't know if that's part of the monitor-size range issue, but thought I'd mention it.

Also it took me awhile to figure out that I had to be signed in to vote in the poll.

I took a look at how stories look with the new skin, and I like that less. Could we return to having the Notes in a colored (or otherwise demarcated) block? Not having that set apart somehow makes it look like the notes are just part of the story, which I find distracting.

Maybe it will always be personal preference, I guess, but I like the narrower story text area in the Expanse skin rather than the wide version in the new one. Especially for shorter stories and drabbles, it ends up with a lot of long single lines, etc.

Edit: oops while I was writing this, I see other people mentioned some of the same things :)
mareel
Lt. Commander

Postby Honeybee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:04 pm

I've added a story box around the notes with a grey background.everyone for your imput. This has been so helpful!

I'm probably going to change the default back to regular Expanse in just a little bit while we work on other stuff like resizing the banner and I like Entallat's suggestion about flipping order. I think I'll work on adding the polls and wholisonline to Expanse as well.

In the end, everyone will probably just have to choose one or the other based on their preferences for stuff like the background and column withs. I think eventually both options will be available.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Okay, well, I think I've combined the best of both worlds - adding the who is online and poll features to our tried and true skin - and making the layout look better with features.

However, I'm leaving expanseplus up - and I will likely keep working on that as an option.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby mareel » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:22 pm

That looks good! Thanks for all the work on it. :)
mareel
Lt. Commander

Postby paulinem » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Great work, Honeybee!

I noticed that the end chapter notes are still only appearing in chapter 1 and not the other chapters.

Enterprise S5 Website
The continuing adventures of a show that ended too soon...
paulinem
Captain

Previous

Return to Archive Issues