the delphic expanse

True Detective

From Doctor Who to Mad Men, discuss the shows, pimp the fics and have some fun.

True Detective

Postby Honeybee » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:23 pm

I've been watching this - and I find it fascinating. I haven't seen all the episodes, although they have aired. I think it's good, although perhaps overpraised in the media. I've seen other tormented detective stories, and I don't really care if it's misogynist or trying to comment on misogyny - the end result is the same. Yet, Matthew Mcconaughey and Woody Harrelson are so good in it, it's totally worth watching.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: True Detective

Postby Frakme » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 am

Weird... was just talking about it this weekend with a couple of friends who have recommended it to me. One of my friends has seen all the episode and said it was very good.
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Aeryn: And you say you want to go back to that place of pain and suffering!
John: Well you guys don't have chocolate!
Frakme
Commander

Re: True Detective

Postby Honeybee » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Okay, British TDEers.

Have any of you seen Red Riding? I watched it on Netflix (with the captions because boy are those Northern accents thick). Anyway, many viewers who have seen Red Riding and True Detective have noticed a lot of similarities in the mystery and plot. There are differences in character and focus, but the central mystery is...well, ...True Detective isn't quite as original as some critics thought.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Return to Other TV and Movies