the delphic expanse

Sherlock

From Doctor Who to Mad Men, discuss the shows, pimp the fics and have some fun.

Re: Sherlock

Postby Mistress Euclid » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:58 pm

I absolutely loved the finale episode, including Sherlock's affair with the bridesmaid that was totally unromantic. What a great villain, too. I get the feeling that the creators don't care much for Ruport Murdoch and his power games.

I love that Sherlock is portrayed as truly loving Watson, though it seems to transcend romantic at this point.
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Reanok » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:22 pm

I really enjoyed the new Sherlock shows.I can't wait to see what happens next.That's one heck of a cliffhanger at the end of the third episode.
Reanok
Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Benedict Cumberhatch has been nominated as best actor for Sherlock Holmes also one of the 3 episodes was also nominated for an emmy award. :cheering
Reanok
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 pm

So I finally succumbed to my friends suggestions to watch this show, fired up Netflix streaming and saw all three series in the last week. I just finished the last episode a few hours ago.

I was completely and utterly charmed with it with from the start. I was also surprised that there were so few episodes - it felt like I'd been hearing about this show for so long. At least they were much longer episodes that I'm used to - each and every one felt like a movie because of that. Then I discovered that the first series aired in 2010, the second in 2012 and the third this year... which means the next isn't airing until 2016!?!?! I'll *bust* before then! My friends have a lot to answer for now.

Seriously, I really like this show. I love the drama, the suspense, the pace, the humor, the style. (That was a brilliant idea to just put the text and words on the screen instead of constantly showing a cut-away to a hand holding a phone.) The actors are extraordinarily good. It's also tickling my urge to write fanfic. Now that I'm moving on to a new (and less stressful) job, if I can get back to my ENT fics and get the writing muse warmed up again, I might ponder writing some Sherlock fanfic.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Frakme » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:36 am

Mistress Euclid wrote:I get the feeling that the creators don't care much for Ruport Murdoch and his power games.

He pretty much owns the British government. He is an unscrupulous, unprincipled danger to society. Both DH and I thought that Magnusson was Murdoch to a T. He did a recent publicity stunt in which he sent free copies of The Sun (horrid trashy newspaper that still features half nude women on page 3) to pretty much every household in the country. He even got PM David Cameron, Deputy PM Nick Clegg and Opposition Leader Ed Milliband to be photographed with it. Milliband faced a huge backlash from the Labour party over it - The Sun is hated for its persistence on keeping Page 3 girls (huge campaign about it) and the fan blaming and persecution of victims of the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster (Where 96 Liverpool fans were crushed to death in a football stadium after fatal errors by the police). Honestly, I could go on! But I won't bore you any more about British politics. Thought it might be useful to put into context that the power Magnusson is portayed in having is very very real.

I am well and truly Sherlocked and a member of the JohnLock conspiracy. I've even convinced my DH about JohnLock, we were discussing it last night and he suggested the endgame would be very incidental (in that a romantic relationship between Holmes and Watson would be revealed as an casual aside). That would be fantastic as the series isn't meant to be completely about their relationship.

And it inspired me to write non ENT fanfic which I honestly thought would never happen!!
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Aeryn: And you say you want to go back to that place of pain and suffering!
John: Well you guys don't have chocolate!
Frakme
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Mistress Euclid wrote:I get the feeling that the creators don't care much for Ruport Murdoch and his power games.

Oh yeah. I got that feeling as well, and perhaps alluded to before this episode with the portrayal of the reporter in "The Reichenbach Fall".

Frakme wrote:I am well and truly Sherlocked and a member of the JohnLock conspiracy. I've even convinced my DH about JohnLock, we were discussing it last night and he suggested the endgame would be very incidental (in that a romantic relationship between Holmes and Watson would be revealed as an casual aside). That would be fantastic as the series isn't meant to be completely about their relationship.

And it inspired me to write non ENT fanfic which I honestly thought would never happen!!

I'm right there with you! And that would be a nice way to end the series. I've already got a few action scenes in my head that need a plot to go with them, but I never expected to write something other than ENT fan fiction (or a crossover that was a thinly veiled way to put ENT characters in another setting).
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Frakme » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:19 am

BTW, they've started filming the Sherlock special today. Just thought I'd mention it.

:o :cheering :hearteyes :laugh :omg :uk :rotfl :o :cheering :hearteyes :laugh :omg :uk :rotfl :o :cheering :hearteyes :laugh :omg :uk :rotfl

I'm so excited, I nearly spilt my tea!
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Frakme
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am

:woohoo
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Frakme » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Have you seen any of the setlock pictures? I have been trying to avoid them but I've had a few slip through my xkit blocker on Tumblr.

Frakme
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Yes, unfortunately: there's a heck of a lot of pics on Twitter of Cumberbatch in costume, arriving on location, despite blacked-out car windows and opaque umbrellas held by the crew to try to keep spoilers to a minimum.

I'm grateful for the production team putting so much thought and effort into shielding stuff from photos etc. so there's less chance spoilers but, even so, little bits get out. I'm trying to avoid reading anything about it.
EntAllat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Other TV and Movies