the delphic expanse

Warm Bodies

From Doctor Who to Mad Men, discuss the shows, pimp the fics and have some fun.

Warm Bodies

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Anyone see the movie or read the book?

I took my daughter to see Warm Bodies and was surprised when I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it a lot as a very amusing rom-com. Then I learned that it was a film adaptation of a book. My curiosity overrode my promise to myself that recreational reading would take a backseat while I get more writing out. What blew me away was that the book was great, and I've described it to hubs as poetry in prose. Not to mention how well he describes the "life" of a dead man.
crystalswolf

Re: Warm Bodies

Postby Honeybee » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 am

I do want to see this, based on the trailer. It seems like a funny gloss on the idea of romance and horror put together (hello, vampires) plus Rob Cordry is in it!

I'm glad it turned out good. The "Don't Be Creepy" line in the trailer cracks me up.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby crystalswolf » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 pm

His character had some of the best lines! And Nicholas Hoult nailed it as the character R. His stare screamed lovesick teen and "I want to eat your brains" at the same time. Then again, is there much of a difference? :lol:
crystalswolf

Postby Aquarius » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:28 pm

I just saw this with a friend the other night! The Ann Arbor Public Library was selling off some of its DVDs to benefit some repair and remodeling efforts, and this was one of the movies I picked up. I remember the previews screamed "dopey teen movie," but it was so much more than that.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Return to Other TV and Movies