the delphic expanse

Pet Talk

The place to chat about whatever. Come and get to know your fellow fans.

Re: Pet Talk

Postby Glory1863 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:27 am

Artisticmom2 wrote:Many of you know we lost our Porthos earlier this year and most of us have been campaigning for a new dog since we stopped actively mourning (although we miss him everyday - it's amazing how an animal fits into everyday life). I think the dear hubby may be warming to the idea. Hoping that the new year brings us a family member.... :)

I hope so, too, Artisticmom2, especially if you can find a nice rescue dog. There are so many great pets out there that others have either thoughtlessly abandoned or have had to give up for various heartbreaking reasons. My sister is looking at rescue Pomeranians again. It's been about 2 years since she had to put her elderly and ill Maliki (my Porthos muse) down before she moved. Don't know how her younger Pomeranian, Bear, feels about that, though. He's named Bear for a reason. :lol:
MR_Beautiful avatar by M&M (Mareel and Misplaced)
Glory1863
Captain

Postby tish » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Rowan is settling in well. Finn and Maki are still being watchful, though. She keeps getting closer to them and they are not backing off as much now. Hubby is already wrapped up!
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby Archerite » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:19 pm

My infuriating but adorable Martin, from October, this year.

He was 'helping' with the picking of the apples there.
Quantum Stills - Screen captures from Captain Archer's leaping days
Archerite
Lieutenant

Postby bluetiger » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:32 am

Candace Claus decided it was time to spread some Holiday Cheer.

bluetiger

Postby Kathy Rose » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:42 pm

What a cutie, bluetiger! How did you get her to hold still long enough with the hat on her head to take her picture?
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby bluetiger » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:38 am

Kathy Rose, that dog is the soul of patience. She just sat there with the hat on watching us decorate the tree. It's amazing how she puts up with our foolishness!
bluetiger

Postby EntAllat » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm trying to pack and the kitten is getting into very open bag I have. Removing her each time is problematic because the bag then suddenly has paws with claws.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Kathy Rose » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:47 pm

The dogs now have their very own space heater on the back porch. It's made a big difference. The back porch normally stays about 20 degrees warmer than the outside, but with temps in the single digits and even below zero, we had to do something. We don't like to leave the heater on when no one's home or when we're all asleep, so at night we've been putting the slat in the dog door to keep the cold air out. So far, no accidents on the floor before the dogs get let out in the morning. :)
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:31 pm

This was always one of my favorite videos, but now I can actually relate. (The kitten's around the same age as Sparta was, and going through the same phase of bite, bite, bite for play. It requires copies amounts of distraction and redirection.) Mean Kitty.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Kathy Rose » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:45 am

EntAllat wrote:This was always one of my favorite videos, but now I can actually relate. (The kitten's around the same age as Sparta was, and going through the same phase of bite, bite, bite for play. It requires copies amounts of distraction and redirection.) Mean Kitty.

I watched this yesterday and it made my day! Thanks for posting the link.
Kathy Rose
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Social Space