the delphic expanse

Cry, Scream, Whine Thread...

The place to chat about whatever. Come and get to know your fellow fans.

Re: Cry, Scream, Whine Thread...

Postby EntAllat » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:46 pm

WHOA.

:shock:
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby jespah » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Oh look, it's snowing again. That never, ever happens. Gaahhhh. We don't even get 48 hours that are snow-free.

I want to say it's an inch so far today.

We have I believe 7 or 8 foot piles now, in our back yard. In everything I'm writing these days, characters are fighting frostbite. I should write beach scenes. Maybe I can break the spell.

PS I have Russian genes and they are out in full force. I go out and hack at it but suddenly I have a vowel shift and am wearing a babushka. Maybe I can be a model now. See: Soviet Fashion Show
jespah
Commander

Postby lfvoy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:54 am

For the record: there's nothing quite like working in a small office and having to deal with a teammate who decides it's all right to show up to work both drunk and high...unless it's discovering just how much said ex-teammate wasn't doing, including documenting the things they were working on. We work in a highly regulated industry, and if it ain't on paper, it didn't happen. Cue massive overtime.

(Those who saw my post about a job opening on the Face Place? Yeah. That.)
Bridge looks a lot different from here. Think anyone would mind if I fired a torpedo? -Travis Mayweather, "Cold Front"
lfvoy
Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm

My mother has been in the hospital for about two weeks. I flew down to Florida last week to see her. It's been quite a roller coaster ride. Yesterday we were talking about what she needed to do to get ready to go to rehab. Today she developed a whole new problem and isn't looking like she'll be with us much longer. She's getting hospice care at the hospital tonight. If she makes it through the night, she'll go home to her apartment in assisted living tomorrow and get hospice care there. The waiting is hard, but I'm glad I'm here.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby jespah » Sat May 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Oh, man. All I can say is you're in the best possible place, Cap'n Frances.
jespah
Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun May 03, 2015 1:43 am

Sorry to hear about your mother, Cap'n Frances. I went through that with my mother not long ago. The hospice folks are wonderful. They saved my sanity.

I wish you well in dealing with all of this, my thoughts are with you.
bluetiger

Postby EntAllat » Tue May 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Cap'n Frances wrote:My mother has been in the hospital for about two weeks. I flew down to Florida last week to see her. It's been quite a roller coaster ride. Yesterday we were talking about what she needed to do to get ready to go to rehab. Today she developed a whole new problem and isn't looking like she'll be with us much longer. She's getting hospice care at the hospital tonight. If she makes it through the night, she'll go home to her apartment in assisted living tomorrow and get hospice care there. The waiting is hard, but I'm glad I'm here.

Oh, damn. :( I'm sorry I'm seeing this so late but know that I'm thinking of you and your mother.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Cap'n Frances » Sun May 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Thank you all for your concern and good wishes. She made it through that night. We took her home the next day. She died in her grandmother's bed that night. She would have been 96 years old next month. She lived a long life with many joys and touched many lives. I miss her, but she had a full life and I had a wonderful mother in my life for many years.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby Reanok » Mon May 18, 2015 11:24 am

Capn Frances I just wanted to send my condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:
Reanok
Captain

Postby jespah » Tue May 19, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cap'n Frances.
jespah
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Social Space