the delphic expanse

Cry, Scream, Whine Thread...

The place to chat about whatever. Come and get to know your fellow fans.

Cry, Scream, Whine Thread...

Postby Misplaced » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 am

I thought we ought to have one.

I, personally, am a huge positive energy person. Yeah, I bet I could annoy many with my need to look on the brighter side of things. But sometimes, even moi experiences negative emotion and needs a place to vent.

It's nothing big... but I guess since being able to enjoy the glories of this place, in contrast other fan sites are really starting to raise my hackles. I won't name names to be fair. But I'm really getting turned off by certain people constantly complaining about the most ridiculous things.

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!

(No one here. Man, I LOVE this place! Can't wait until we can have an archive here.)

Thank you, Honeybee and Aquarius for making this incredible forum where people are actually encouraging one another. You ladies ROCK!

Okay, all better now.

Anyone else need to sit down and whine, cry or scream? I've got this thread stocked with tissues, pillows and chocolates. :mrgreen:
Misplaced

Postby Honeybee » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 am

You beat me to the punch Misplaced! But thank you for the praise. Our concept was to avoid such things here! Sensitivity and positivity (maybe with a dash of tart and truth now and again) are NOT bad things, and we hope that it will encourage people to write, be creative and celebrate the show. Most importantly - fandom should be a fun escape from everyday life.

I will complain that it is a chilly, rainy Monday and I must drive to work. Brrrr.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby bluetiger » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 am

Misplaced, I'm right there with you. When a forum gets like that I start avoiding it like the plague.

I have told Honeybee and Aquarius several times how much I appreciate this site, but just realized it was not in public. So ladies, what you have done here is remarkable. I have no words to describe how I have been uplifted and unafraid at The Delphic Expanse. The creativity here flows like water.

Thank you so much for the concept and follow through. You gals are the best.

Sorry this was not a whine!
bluetiger

Postby Reanok » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:02 am

Ditto what BlueTiger said thanks Honeybee and Aquarious for creating this site I like a positive place.i avoid sites where there's constant negativity and arguing goes on.
Reanok
Captain

Postby panyasan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks, Misplaced - I have the same feeling. I try to be positive towards every one and we all can whine now and then, but too much whining really drains me.
On the other side: for example when I do a workshop on this site and people are trying to help you, that gives me energy and creativity. Thanks everyone. :cheerleading :grouphug
panyasan
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:23 pm

bluetiger wrote:Misplaced, I'm right there with you. When a forum gets like that I start avoiding it like the plague.

I have told Honeybee and Aquarius several times how much I appreciate this site, but just realized it was not in public. So ladies, what you have done here is remarkable. I have no words to describe how I have been uplifted and unafraid at The Delphic Expanse. The creativity here flows like water.

Thank you so much for the concept and follow through. You gals are the best.

Sorry this was not a whine!

LOL.

I'd just like to second that in public!

I feel like this site is focused on making connections, sharing the enjoyment and supporting each other in writing and, sad to say, few other fan sites have that feel for me. Usually it's about debate about details. That kind of stuff often gives me story ideas but the flip side of it is that it can also be so draining to participate in - which means I usually don't. Worse is the little skirmishes between parties that don't see eye-to-eye; I just don't have the time or patience for that. (I recently had to rant to my fellow TwitterFic authors about the attempt by something similar by other RP groups. So far ENT has stayed out of it and away from it, but not for thier lack of trying to pull us into it.)

I gotta say, thought I knew it would do well, this site has far exceeded my expectations. Awesome job, Honeybee and Aquarius!!

Okay, so since this is a whine thread, I'm going to break out the merlot (see what I did there?) and complain that the trees really need to get a freakin' room. Darn pollen-based allergies.

I'm done. :)
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah! Love fest time!

Thanks everyone! (Again we're being off topic, shame on us. :ROFL )

Aquarius and I knew we weren't the only ones who wanted a drama free site where shippers and non shippers of all ilk could come and play without fear of being flamed for their ship or - shocker - liking the show. But I think I can speak for her when I say that we've both been amazed at the response so far.

Let's hear it for civility and diversity of taste.

:grouphug

Okay, on topic: Rain. Rain go away. My commute was miserable.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Okay, I'm going to exercise my admin-ly-ness and make one more off-topic post.

Certain things have made me positively weary the last few months. Most of them rooted in pettyness. And there are few things more frustrating than being treated like you don't know what you're talking about, when, in fact, you do.

(Hey, that's kind of on-topic, since I'm bitching!! 8) )

We wanted fandom without limitations, and without conformity.

There is nothing more gratifying than coming home and finding out that people really do want what you have to offer, what you've been wanting to offer.

So to all of you here at the Expanse, you've given me the best gift ever today--the gift of "getting it".

Now I'mma gonna go cry, I'm so moved! :awwww :thankyou
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby panyasan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 pm

This week I bursted out into tears with some stranger on the phone, I got a headeache from some one's "me-me-me"- attitude and gave up, I had an outline for a story in a "round robin" but the previous chapter turned out completly different, so I have to come up with another storyline and I started to really, really dislike the whole thing and all I wanted was some TnT sugarly fic....

so I created a new chapter for the "round robin" with the most sappiest scene of TnT of my life. Not my best but, sweet like pecan pie and bad for your teeth.
panyasan
Commander

Postby Aquarius » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:15 pm

:surprisehug
Aquarius
Site Admin

Next

Return to Social Space