the delphic expanse

Randomness

The place to chat about whatever. Come and get to know your fellow fans.

Re: Randomness

Postby Cap'n Frances » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Anyone thinking about going to Star Trek Mission New York? Jespah mentioned it back in June. I was planning to go to the Creation Con in Cherry Hill this weekend but decided this would work better for me.

It will be Sept. 2-4, 2016 at the Javits Center. It has stars from all the series, including ConnorTrinneer, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, and John Billingsley. There will be photo ops, autographs, panels, exhibits, etc. If any of you are going, I'd love to meet you there.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby jespah » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:41 pm

I'll be there as press for the G & T show. Find us and say hi. :)
jespah
Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Great! I'll look for you.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby Cap'n Frances » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:24 pm

I came across this today and thought it was great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMH1vDDd1xc. Neil deGrasse Tyson answers the question on which he likes better: the Millenium Falcon or the Starship Enterprise. He doesn't say which Enterprise he is referring to, but his answer could apply to them all.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby jespah » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Press credentials have arrived. W00t on toast.
jespah
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Cap'n Frances wrote:Anyone thinking about going to Star Trek Mission New York? Jespah mentioned it back in June. I was planning to go to the Creation Con in Cherry Hill this weekend but decided this would work better for me.

It will be Sept. 2-4, 2016 at the Javits Center. It has stars from all the series, including ConnorTrinneer, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, and John Billingsley. There will be photo ops, autographs, panels, exhibits, etc. If any of you are going, I'd love to meet you there.

Obviously I won't be there, but... pics! Share pics!
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Cap'n Frances » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:07 pm

Happy Birthday, Malcolm Reed. I guess he must be about minus 100 years old now. :)
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby Cap'n Frances » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:59 pm

We got back from Star Trek Mission New York about midnight last night. It was a lot of fun. It was also surprisingly inspirational as many people talked about what Star Trek had meant to them and how it had affected their lives.

Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, and John Billingsly were there from Enterprise. They did a panel together on Friday, which was a bit wild but entertaining. John Billingsly offered prizes for the most embarrassing questions, which quickly pushed things over the top. The moderator didn't quite know what to do. Eventually Anthony took charge. I was impressed with how he handled the panel and enjoyed talking with him when I got his autograph.

The entertainment guests spent a lot more time doing autographs and photo ops than they did on stage. Only a few were on stage for anything more than a one hour group panel. I had a photo op with Connor and one with the four of them and then got autographs. They weren't mobbed (unlike Shatner and the TNG guests) so there was a little time to chat.

Other than that I went to panels (mostly the literary/writing and science panels), bought too many books, and played with the exhibits. I had the opportunity to meet Jespah and to talk with her for a little while.

I was inspired by the SETI talk and got SETI@Home running again on my computers this morning. I didn't make it to the Starfleet Academy Experience at the Intrepid Museum, which is a few blocks away. It will be there until Halloween, so I may have to go back.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby jespah » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:55 am

Seconded! Oh my gosh the ENT fellows were funny.

Loved the NASA panel. Egad - a real astronaut!
jespah
Commander

Postby panyasan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:44 pm

Life is full of surprises. I lost my job this year, was looking for a new job and doubted about a new study. Finally I went for it, and one day later hubs got a job! He had an accident 1,5 years ago, but now fully recovered. It's a real miracle and we're very happy. :D :D

And I hope that even when I am more busy than before, I will find some time to write something new. :fyi
panyasan
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Social Space