the delphic expanse

The Drabble Game

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

Re: The Drabble Game

Postby jespah » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:17 am

First foray into this --

Brazen hussy.

It was an old-fashioned expression, but she’d heard it before. Gawd. Stupid.

Still, she hadn’t expected to hear it from Malcolm’s mother. Tearfully, she had asked, “How can I impress her?”

But he had been silent on the matter, and she’d worn the top but it was too low-cut and while the elder Reed was appreciative, the missus sat and knitted and tut-tutted.

This was not going well. She sighed. Maybe she’d get another chance if – ? Probably not. Stupid low-cut top that Malcolm liked!

And the fact that there was a growing bump did not help things.

Next word: smells
jespah
Commander

Postby Honeybee » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 am

Thanks for the compliments, Entallat & Aquarius!

And welcome to the wild world of of drabbling, jespah! I'm wondering who Malcolm's poor intended is! Poor girl. :(
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby jespah » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:58 am

Thank you (I feel like calling you honey -- heh -- me so silly)!

I really have no idea. Some floozy of some sort, perhaps....
jespah
Commander

Postby Mistress Euclid » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 pm

This is my response to smells. It's AT&T, of course.

“You want to know what?” asked T’Pol. 

Trip and Jon stared at her across the table.

“You’re always telling us what smells you don’t like, tell us some you do,” replied Jon.

She raised her eyebrow.

“Besides us,” said Trip.

T’Pol pondered this question carefully.

“It can’t be that hard,” said Jon. “Just say the first thing that comes into your mind.”

She sighed. Vulcan minds didn’t work that way, but she wanted to give her mates a satisfactory answer. She closed her eyes, trying to retrieve memories. Finally, an answer came to her.

“I enjoy the smell of popcorn.”

Next prompt: Vanilla
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Aquarius » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:04 am

Nice, ME! Popcorn is forever entangled with "date night," I think. ;) Good one!
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby tish » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:23 am

I agree, popcorn and date night. Of course this smell would be a good one for T'Pol, since she ate her first popcorn on a date with one after being pursued by the other. Talk about lovers' triangle. Excellent ME!

Jespah, love the drabble. I too wonder about Malcolm's visitor....could it be Ruby the barmaid from the 602 Club?! :?: 8-)
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:24 am

Honeybee, I love T'Pol going to Carbon Creek. I'm sure that it holds a special place in her heart. She must have been very close to her second foremother if she kept her purse all those years. I will always believe that Vulcans can be sentimental.

jespah, Malcolm's mother must be impossible to please.

Mistress Euclid, I imagine that T'Pol's sense of smell is directly tied to her sensuality. Great smells like her mates or popcorn would probably stir her soul more than she could admit. If you don't speak of your emotions, visceral things might move you deeply.
bluetiger

Postby tish » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:47 am

My Vanilla Drabble

Liana paused, work forgotten as the ephemeral scent transported her off Kantare. He said it was vanilla....that ice cream she tastedd on Enterprise. Rocky Road had not been to her liking.

She yearned for him, twinkling blue eyes, so intelligent, so compassionate. From that kiss, she was captured, though she never spoke of it. Father suspected, her having no interest in anyone else. Thankfully, her work kept her occupied.

Liana remembered his scent, and the vanilla.....wafting from the recesses of memory; she escaped into the realms of her dreams, with his arms firmly wrapped around her once more.

New prompt: Crush
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:02 am

I love it ,Tish. I can see someone who grew up the way Liana did falling hard for Trip. A first love like him would be a hard thing to get over. That was just great!
bluetiger

Postby Honeybee » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:13 am

Wow, Tish! Great job. Nice episode addition!
Honeybee
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts