the delphic expanse

Los Vegas Creation

Fic and non-fic discussion of characters, species, writers, and actors. Villian and friendly alien topics now found here.

Los Vegas Creation

Postby Pippin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm posting this request:

I'm not going to Creation Las Vegas because I'm poor. Is anyone here going? If so, can I ask a favour?

Brannon Braga is scheduled to appear. IF you are at that session and IF you are so inclined to do so, could you please ask him what he was thinking when he killed off Trip in TATV? I think Enterprise fans deserve an answer to that, don't you?

This of course assumes that 55,000 other fans don't ask before you. And of course, please be polite.

Thanks.
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Re: Los Vegas Creation

Postby Pippin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Addendum to the above:

I was told Braga had answered that, so I went on a google search. The answer in short? He had wanted 7 of 9 to sacrifice herself in a Voyager episode but the studio nixed the idea. So when he had the opportunity, he killed Trip.

Right.

What an extremely intelligent, thoughtful and mature reason. Not to mention an excellent writing choice.

In a 2008 interview he was asked if he thought the episode might gain ground over the years. He said "No." You got that right, bub.

I did see, however that in 2011 he apparently apologized to the cast for the spisode. It's a start.

And I've been told by those who are in a position to know that CBS has quietly "disavowed" this episode and it's no longer considered canon, although you'll never get a press release saying so.

Still, I'd still be interested in what he has to say now, wouldn't you?
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Re: Los Vegas Creation

Postby kapj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:11 pm

http://twitter.com/JayDSchwartz/status/ ... 40/photo/1

Here's a pic of the guys from Enterprise at the Las Vegas con.
kapj
Lieutenant

Return to The People of Enterprise