the delphic expanse

The "one-off" pairings

Think Archer & T'Pau should have hooked up? Still clinging to Reed/T'Pol because of Shuttlepod One? On board with the weirdness that is Soval/Amanda? Make a thread and make your case!

The "one-off" pairings

Postby Kotik » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:54 am

I think there are some pairings that could be explored, but somehow wouldn't warrant an own thread, so I just created this one to have a look at some of them:

1. Trip/Ah'len
This was the first one-episode 'romance', although to me it felt more like a friendship. But considering that he carried her child... :lol:

Archer/Riann
I thought there was some real chemistry between Archer and his favourite apothecary. I'm still undecided whether or not to try my hand at an A/R story.

Trip/Liana
She was definitely attracted to him, we have a kiss to show for it. But I do think that such a story would be difficult to get right, because the way it was shown in "Oasis", she struck me as a tad immature, sometimes even child-ish, so it would probably be difficult to write a 'shippy piece about them.

Trip/Kaitaama
Considering that the stick-up-the-bottom princess is the only female beside T'Pol, who hopped in the sack with out favourite engineer (let's just forget the pebbles :P ), there's certainly some potential here. I think of all the rare pairings here, this one could actually make some extended sense. Hm, Charles III, consort to First Monarch Kaitaama of Krios - has a certain ring to it :D

Travis/Nora
They only had one scene during "Horizon", but I thought there was more chemistry between these two than there was with Travis and gannet Brooks.

Archer/Bethany
A bit of a long shot, but with the right plot, there would be something to make out of the scenes they had in "North Star"

Tarquin/Hoshi
Although she was pretty determined not to stay with him in "Exile", maybe the horrific experience with the reptillians might make her look at the life in seclusion with different eyes.

Archer/T'Les
We never saw them much on the screen (only her dying moments), but I always have that at the back of my mind because of Favor's hillarious story She's what? and the (sadly unfinished) sequel We're what? :D

Has anyone thoughts on these pairings?
Kotik
Lieutenant JG

Re: The "one-off" pairings

Postby Brandyjane » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Kotik wrote:Trip/Liana
She was definitely attracted to him, we have a kiss to show for it. But I do think that such a story would be difficult to get right, because the way it was shown in "Oasis", she struck me as a tad immature, sometimes even child-ish, so it would probably be difficult to write a 'shippy piece about them.

I'd bet anything that Lizzie had a bunch of friends who developed crushes on her older brother. I always thought of Trip and Liana like that. He was probably flattered by the attention, probably thought that if circumstances were slightly different...

What about Archer/T'Pau for a one-off?

Another possible one is Malcolm and the woman he spent time with in "Cogenitor."
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

Postby Kotik » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:27 am

Archer/T'Pau would be an opportunity. There was some chemistry towards the end of their hike through the desert.
Kotik
Lieutenant JG

Postby panyasan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:37 am

Archer/Raijin - I toyed with that idea in a story of mine, but I didn't go into any detail what their relationship was about. In the sequel I am planning reveal more about Archers complex relationship with Raijin and the troubles it caused him. Poor Jon. :geek:
panyasan
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:09 pm

panyasan wrote:Archer/Raijin - I toyed with that idea in a story of mine, but I didn't go into any detail what their relationship was about. In the sequel I am planning reveal more about Archers complex relationship with Raijin and the troubles it caused him. Poor Jon. :geek:

That ought to be interesting. Can't wait to see it panyasan!

The title of this thread, "one-off" got me thinking: I know Archer was sort of set to be the "Kirk" of Enterprise, with the possibility of always getting the alien babe, but I don't think it actually worked out that way. Part of it may have been because of the nature of the over arching arcs - the Xindi arc didn't really leave much room for a romance for the Captain as he struggled with the dark side of decisions that had to be made - but I think also Archer doesn't quite have the "my ship is my mistress" thing that Kirk embodied and that got in Kirk's way of sustaining a relationship. I can see Archer falling for someone and then much more easily moving into the duties of an Admiral, diplomat and statesman that would give him a chance to actually be a part of a sustainable relationship. Kirk really needed to get back on the bridge of a ship.

Which then got me thinking about Travis. He's the galaxy jet-setter having been raised as a Boomer, and then promptly choosing to continue a life in space as part of Starfleet. He got himself into one relationship that didn't work because he apparently needs to be "out there" (that reporter what's-her-name in Demons and Terra-Prime). He's just such a nice guy though. How would things end up for him? Would he give up a life in Starfleet to settle with, say, a colonist he falls deeply for? Or would he go back to being a Boomer in order to get married and have kids, like his parents were able to do? Or would he stay in Starfleet, work up to Captain and then struggle with relationships? Being a Boomer, that'd have to eat at him.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby panyasan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:24 pm

EntAllat wrote:Which then got me thinking about Travis. He's the galaxy jet-setter having been raised as a Boomer, and then promptly choosing to continue a life in space as part of Starfleet. He got himself into one relationship that didn't work because he apparently needs to be "out there" (that reporter what's-her-name in Demons and Terra-Prime). He's just such a nice guy though. How would things end up for him? Would he give up a life in Starfleet to settle with, say, a colonist he falls deeply for? Or would he go back to being a Boomer in order to get married and have kids, like his parents were able to do? Or would he stay in Starfleet, work up to Captain and then struggle with relationships? Being a Boomer, that'd have to eat at him.

Travis as Kirk :loveeyes (dreams away). Okay, that wasn't what you meant, EntAllat, so back to the topic. I don't know about Travis. I think if he finds that woman who loves living and travelling in space as much as he does, that relationship would work. If not, he problably wouldn't end up married and having kids.
panyasan
Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:32 pm

I can see young-Travis getting around a little, but he strikes me as someone who would be more discreet than Kirk. I definitely think he'd be up for "interesting" experiences. But for some reason Travis really strikes me as the kind of person who would want to eventually settle down and have a family. I can't quite explain why; that's just the way I see him.

Here's another Travis-related idea: Travis and Corporal Mackenzie. They get married in the E2 universe, so maybe that knowledge might spur them to pursue something in their timeline, too.
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

Postby CriMiBird » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 am

I haven't been on here in ages but... I think my current Enterprise OTP would probably fit in here... because...

Jon and Erika... I mean.... eeep. THEY ARE SO PERFECT AND CUTE TOGETHER.

I just don't know where else to post this!!!
There's a fine, fine line; between a lover, and a friend
I cannot cope with the adorable that is Jon Archer and Erika Hernandez
CriMiBird
Ensign

Postby Hummingbird2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:16 am

CriMiBird wrote:I haven't been on here in ages but... I think my current Enterprise OTP would probably fit in here... because...

You took the words right out of my mouth! :D :bolian
Icon by TwilightProwler.
Hummingbird2
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

CriMiBird wrote:I haven't been on here in ages but... I think my current Enterprise OTP would probably fit in here... because...

Oh good. :) One of my stories that I'm finishing up has just a hint of the two of them. :) I wasn't sure if there was anybody who still liked that pairing, or anyone looking for fic for that one.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Next

Return to Other Pairings (Het)